Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Heart Macro Sunday: Wild

Wallflowers are so easy, so pretty.


This last plant grows abundantly where I live, spreading its seeds via spring-loaded pods that are eager to burst.  After some research I finally learned it's name:  Impatiens Balfourii.  I just call it "wild impatiens".  It brings such cheer to the shadier spots of my garden, and if you receive any plant gift from me you will likely find one of these sprouting in the pot as well.

I hope you have an abundant day, and don't forget to head over to see Lori at Studio Waterstone and check out the other macro treats! 

studio waterstone

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Patty, your flowers are beautiful!!!

Kristi Bowman said...

I love wallflowers and those are absolutely beautiful. I love their soft colors!

Snowcatcher said...

Those flowers are just stunning. They would cheer up ANY corner!!!

RubyB said...

Thanks for helping me identify flowers my neighbor gave me a few years ago. They are wild impatiens and I love how they reseed themselves each year so I always have them. They love growing in the partly shady area under the trees.
I really enjoy viewing your photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails