Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, October

It's amazing how many people I hold dear to my heart were born in this glorious month.  I can't think of a better month to enter this world, can you?  How can you beat warm hands held on cool nights, colorful leaves, and cider? Or the homecoming parade, football games, or soups and stews made to stock the freezer for the winter ahead?  Or the discovery of last year's most recently purchased sweaters, not worn enough to be tiresome, waiting to keep you toasty?  Or flannel sheets?


Happy Birthday my friends.  I hope your celebration is as special as you are.

6 comments:

NuminosityBeads said...

Another Octembrist here... It is a special month if I do say so myself.
I have always had to compete with Halloween parties however since it's at the end of the month.
It's also the month of indoor shows again which makes me happy... You too?
xoxo Kim

kate mckinnon said...

I love a lot of September people... and a few Octobers as well.

And I love your chickens! I have been missing them. And you, and your blog. Great to see you posting some more. What are you making? I'm still on the seed beads.

SummersStudio said...

One of the people I love most in the world is here all the way from San Francisco to celebrate his birthday today. This is the best October 4th I've had in years.

Patty said...

Yes, I'm an October baby too. :-) Before last night my answer to you Kate would be, "mixed media pieces with fiber, PMC, and wire", but after slicing the tip of my finger off last night I'm afraid the answer is, "nothing for a while"... ;-(

Laura Twiford said...

My husband and I are both October babies and we too love this time of year, you summed it up perfectly! It just never lasts long enough!

Snowcatcher said...

Owie!!! (finger...)

Happy birthday, Patty! And heal quickly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails