Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Necklace bust makeover: Complete

and I'm so glad I didn't throw out all of that handmade paper. Looks pretty good on these. The tissue paper was way too thin and actually looked a little creepy on the busts, even after several coats (cobwebs? Blame it on Halloween...).

Thank you, Mod Podge, and thank you to the dusty corners of my creative grey matter for remembering this option.

Some of the handmade paper was tinted with spices from my cupboard, and some included dried flowers from my garden.
I think this new piece (SOLD) would have faded into dark oblivion on a black bust.
 They're all ready to head to the Sacramento Arts Festival this weekend.  I'll be posting one or two more shots of new work before I head to the show.  I hope to see you there!  Show info is here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails