Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New work

Well, the completion part is new, but this piece has been on my table for months and months.  It's been a while since I made one of my larger pieces on a Viking Knit base, and I've been dreaming about something like this for some time.  I made the end cones from glass using a cone mandrel, and incorporated handmade felt leftover from the Convergence II project I did with Cyndie Smith, and lots of little berries and balls made from silvered glass.  I so love working off the end of the mandrel!
My indoor photography skills are rusty!

I'm  thinking it would look nice with a gown like this (maybe with a happier princess wearing it):


Or even nicer would be this one:

Bonsoir!

5 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Magnificent!

Izzy said...

Oh my, Patty, that is just stunning!

Laura Twiford said...

Very cool, LOVE those endcaps!

kate mckinnon said...

What a lovely piece!

mairedodd said...

wow! this work is gorgeous!
i met a woman who teaches viking knit - it certainly does give a great option for a stunning focal like this... honestly patty, for someone who has been uninspired, you are quite remarkable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails