Monday, December 26, 2011

thank you. just, thank you.



"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


As the days remaining in this very long, 
very challenging year draw to a close
I want to thank you.
Humbly.
Honestly.
Deeply.

Thank you for nourishing my artistic growth,
helping me reach for my dreams,
and believing in me.
Thank you for being there 
when I have needed a shoulder 
(more often than I care to admit),
or a laugh 
(always seeking this),
or a helping hand 
(learning to accept this with grace),
or some good advice 
(even if I don't always follow it), 
or a reminder of my inner strength.

I need to be better about
giving back more of the healing energy
that I have received in such kindness.
and as I go forward into 2012 that is my goal.

***
We'd never know how high we are
till we are called to rise;
and then, if we are true to plan,
our statures touch the sky.
- Emily Dickinson
***

I wish you the peace and wonder
of a star-filled night sky,
love it all its purity,
courage to climb your mountains,
and health to carry you through.
I hope you enjoy some precious time
with those that you love.

I love you.

- Patty

4 comments:

mairedodd said...

the energies between us all feed us all - you send out lots of the positive...
a very beautiful post -

xoox

Sharon Driscoll said...

Wonderful and obviously heartfelt post Patty...it always is a door that works both ways.

Izzy said...

Sending you much love and light, beautiful spirit...

Snowcatcher said...

I've been very worried about you. I hope all is well in your corner of the world. And may peace settle more fully everywhere all year long...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails