Friday, June 29, 2012

Get those !@#$ beads out of the kitchen sink!! A dry sink photo tutorial.


If you're hearing this from your significant other, or simply want to unclutter your kitchen from bead cleaning flotsam, I've just created a photo tutorial on how to set up your own self-contained bead cleaning sink.  I guess it's called a "dry sink" because it's not plumbed, which is good for this purpose, since bead release can really do a number on your plumbing.  This project takes a commercially sold laundry tub and vanity combo and turns them into a functional sink that you can use anywhere.

The tutorial is here.  While I bought this (admittedly overpriced for the quality) vanity and sink as a combo, you could get really creative with your own design, using most any container with a drain hole as the "sink", and any piece of furniture for the vanity.  I like that the bucket and water supply jug are hidden behind the cabinet doors, but they wouldn't have to be.

Have fun!

4 comments:

mairedodd said...

definitely going to have a look at the tutorial... thank so much for sharing it! nice to have everything in one place, i would imagine - now you don't have to go back and forth to get different jobs done...

Sharon Driscoll said...

LOL - Mine are sitting in the sink as I write this. I'm looking up the tutorial too. Especially funny since I JUST heard about "working" in the front room. HE worked in a 32X24 foot studio in the back yard!!!! Ah HMMM. The dry sink won't work as a solution right now but I'm thinking someday it just might.

Incredibly good to have you writing again.

Snowcatcher said...

This is pretty interesting to me, who has never made a bead, not of glass, anyway, because for many years I wanted to build a darkroom in a closet that had no plumbing. And now I have the space to do it, and we've gone digital...

Tania Tebbit said...

Excellent idea Patty - also just letting you know that I have nominated your blog for a Kreativ Blog Award - you can check it out on my page. - Cheers Tania

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails