Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things:

Spending time with my wonderful friends.
Thinking about making art.
Thinking about my feelings.
Making art.
Sharing art with people who get it.
Taking pictures of my art.

I guess I'm about to enter my own personal nirvana hurricane, 'cause all of my favorite things are coming together in a hurry.  Tomorrow I push off for Sacramento to the 15th annual Sacramento Arts Festival.  The truck is packed, and I spent some time tonight with my camera trying to capture what I love about some new pieces that might not be coming home with me (that's the hardest part).  But I just learned that Heidi might be spending the whole weekend with me at the show, which just rocks.  Nobody can festive-up a booth like Miss Heidi, and that's the truth.

Heidi and me in Tucson in 2011.


"Lucky" antiqued brass neckpiece.   This one is another Viking Knit piece, in antiqued brass, and features an antique slot machine token and hand forged brass clasp.



 
Wine Flower brooch (SOLD).  I've been making wine flower earrings from recycled wine bottle glass for some time now, and finally got to use these handmade fine silver flowers to offset the beautiful green glass. 

"Tibet" pendant with hand forged fine silver bail, and handmade sterling silver bead cap.  The slick of the glass was ever so gently removed with etching solution, to leave a gentle luster.
"She is a Work in Progress" brooch.
So that's where I'm at.  Got a few more things to attend to tomorrow, and then blast off time.  In the midst of my own personal productivity hurricane I've been thinking a lot about all of those affected by the tremendous storm out East, some who I know and worry about.  If you're wondering how you can help those in need in the aftermath of Sandy, I just read that you can text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. As in the case with other donations via mobile, the donation will show up on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your balance if you have a prepaid phone. Very easy to do.  It's a horrible tragedy.

I'll post more if I can before and during the show.  If you're in the Northern California area you really should come.  Truly.  Warren Cook does a right proud job getting some majorly good art into that convention center, and needs to be commended.  Plus, you can rock out to some mighty fine live music while you shop.

2 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

Your work is so beautiful. Let this kind of hurricane rage on! I hope your show is extremely successful!

mairedodd said...

look what i missed - everything is beautiful and original and you -
i hope it was a successful show... and thank you for thinking of me during the storm...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails