Sunday, January 27, 2013

New work for Tucson









New Reptilian style bicones.  Come see me at the Best Bead Show from Feb. 6-10 at Kino Veterans Center, 2805 E. Ajo Way.  I'm at Table G-409, in the main hall.  Click the link for the exhibitor list, directions, hours, etc.

















It's almost bead show time!  I'm excited about bringing my latest work to the Best Bead Show this year.  The work I've seen lately from other artists doing this show is phenomenal, and I can't wait to see everyone in just a little over a week.  This year I'm not glued to the weather forecast since my booth / table is inside this year - yay!  The drive and setup will be so much easier without having to prepare an entire 10 x 10' space outside in the elements, not to mention deciding what kind of clothing to bring.

Reptilian style lentil.

New bicones in the Marbled series.  I was super thrilled to see the color I was getting.
I've been working mainly in a few of my themes this year - my Reptilian series (of course), with bejillions of tiny scales, and my marbled series, but something about the encroaching spring forces my hands to make flowers, and these came out as adorable little headpins on steel wire.  They'll be great for making earrings, rings, brooches, and all kinds of fun pieces.

Flower headpins.

New Meanie Rings using the Sirius interchangeable finding system.
And of course the Meanies will be coming to play in Tucson.  These are Meanie toppers (shown on rings) using the Sirius system (e.g. pendant backs, rings, etc.), so all you have to do is find the toppers you want from any artist whose work you like, and you can mix and match them with your findings.  There is a small nut embedded in the glass that allows the Meanies to fit onto any Sirius System finding.  I love them on these comfortable wide stainless steel rings.

If you're going to the bead shows in Tucson, do stop by and say "hi".

3 comments:

Sharon Driscoll said...

I sure wish I was able to attend and see all of the great work going on...alas, not gonna happen this year. Bt I can wait until I get the low down on how you did.

The beads are looking sharp and arty....Whoo Hoo - - - let ur rip girlfriend,

GAFFER GIRLS said...

Maybe next year ... Have fun without us Patty

GAFFER GIRLS said...

Maybe next year ... Have fun Patty ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails