Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sacramento Arts Festival!

It's show time again!  Many rooms of our house are presently invaded by my multifaceted preparatory work for the Sacramento Arts Festival coming right up on 7-9 November.  Yes, I have a nice, still new-ish studio, but I can't help but spread things out everywhere.  Working on that.

But this year I'll have a brand new booth design and I'm so excited!  I'm trying to efficiently use my smaller booth space (I'm in a center booth this year, not a corner), and at the same time convey a better sense of my "brand".  Yes, I'm going down that path, trying to communicate better with my potential customers about what I do.  As you may have seen I have a little bit of a logo now (thanks to Sonya Paz Design), and I'm carrying that consistent theme through my booth design and signage, my packaging, my Etsy shopmy website and my blog. 

My new booth design will display jewelry on vertical surfaces as well as a few smaller tables, and it will be easier to set up and tear down.  I'm also incorporating some small tweaks I learned when Judy Mountain gave a booth design workshop in my studio to the Silicon Valley Fireflies.  Work in each color and design theme is displayed on fabric covered boards, and it's helping me to think more about "collections" of work and how design themes consistently carry over a number of pieces.  It's helping my brain game too, and I'm hoping it will enable more calm moments as the show comes together.

With that, here's a few peeks at some of the new work I'll be bringing to the show.  I'll be sharing some images of the booth setup in a few days.

Pine Creek earrings, with memories from a recent hike in the Warner Mountains.

Dewdrop Honeycomb interchangeable ring.  This ring top unscrews, and you can fit my other ring top designs onto the same base.
Leather snap bracelets with my lampwork cabachons.  The charms unsnap and you can collect all the colors you like, to create your own unique look.

Lampwork and antiqued brass necklace in earthy greens, golds, and taupe.
With all of the changes I've made to my booth since the last time I posted about it, I think it's time to do a new blog post focusing on booth design. I swear, I've been just as busy with the sewing machine, glue gun, and paper cutter as anything else this fall!

For those of you who can't make it to the show (or can't wait!), I'm stocking my Etsy shop with many of my new pieces before the show.  The shop will be closed during the show, but you can shop up until it starts and not miss out on anything.

1 comment:

Sharon Driscoll said...

Nice stuff for the art shows Patty. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails