Monday, May 1, 2017

Earring update: Capturing the work


I've been working on earrings inspired by the season and today was a photo shoot day. I think I almost love taking pictures as much as I love melting glass.  Since these are spring-themed pieces I thought I'd include some seed packets, because when I'm not melting glass these days I'm thinking about growing things.

My work is mostly one of a kind, and I make it myself, slowly, with intention and love. There's no factory, no production line. No marketing department, no payroll department (that I've heard of anyway), and no sales representatives. You won't find my work in stores and you won't find me every Sunday at the Farmer's Market (selling, anyway - I love a good savory crepe as much as the next girl).  My in-person show list has gotten smaller and I'm spending more time in the studio. It's just me, and my time, and my love for glass, and the creations that I am blessed to channel into this world.

I'm thinking about offering my work in regular shop updates, as collections and batches of newly created things. I can give you a sneak preview here of what's to come (hint: the image above is a hint for next week), and then make it available all at once for a few days.  What do you think about that? I can commit to a schedule, maybe even once a month, to offer you the latest pieces from my bench. Would you do me a solid and let me know whether that idea sounds good to you? I would love to hear from you.  It's been too long.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails